Monday, August 20, 2007

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards

I checked out the Web 2.0 Awards. Looked at several different tools, some could be fun to use though not real useful such as writing one-word sentences and playing games. Others I could see as being more useful such some of the Mapping tools, or biblio.com, if you wanted to find out-of-print books. I checked out pipl.com which searches the web find information about people you're looking for. It would be a great tool if you were trying to find a long lost friend like a high school buddy but I also had some concerns with this tool because it could pull up information about yourself that due to privacy reasons and identity theft, you may not want just anyone being able to get while surfing the web. There were other interesting tools which I didn't have time to explore but may go back to them when I have more time. I was in the mood to play when I was looking over the Web 2.0 awards so I ended up at arcaply.com which has lots of different games to play. In fact I ended up attaching the game "Match the Bugs" to my blog - it's found at the bottom of the blog. Now I can go play this addictive game whenever I'm visiting my blog.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love Match the Bugs! It is too cute! And addictive!