Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 6

I checked out Del.icio.us, Technorati as well as reading several articles regarding Library 2.0 and the future of libraries. Lots to think about. In my lifetime, I'm already starting to see some small changes in how libraries do business. After all, we can now renew library materaisl online and place items on hold. However, I do believe more change is needed and will come as technology advances and younger generations gradually take over. It's hard to believe we will ever do away with books completely but I do believe there will come a time when people do all their research on the computer without bothering to open a research book.

Personnally, I found Technorati interesting. If I spent much time reading blogs, then I could see this being a really handy website.

No comments: