Monday, June 25, 2007

First impressions about Flickr

I've been looking at Flickr today and learning about it. There are some really cool pictures in the "interestingness" section. I could see where you could use Flcikr to share photos with family and friends particularly if you've got friends and family living in different parts of the world who want to keep in touch with each other. Of course they have to have computers and be willing to get online.
It's been a bit of hassle getting set up with flicker. I had to get a Yahoo account. I've gotten a Flickr account. Hopefully next time I'll manage to import a picture from Flickr on to my blog.

It would really be helpful if I had a person assigned as a "coach" here locally to ask questions when I get stuck. For example in the tracking log it mentions "Blog Post Permalink URL". I had no idea what that was and its not mentioned in any of the instructions on 23 Things.
I'm moving through this gradually. I'm figuring it out, but it takes awhile.

1 comment:

Jennifer Ranck said...

Hi,

You're not the only one with questions about the permalinks - here is what I wrote to Rose: "a permalink is the unique URL address to a specific blog post. Blogger places the permalink at the end of each post, where it lists the date and time. You'll notice that the time is underlined (hyperlinked) and if you click on it, it jumps to a new page with just that one individual post. You can copy and paste that URL address onto your log." Feel free to email me with questions: jennifer@esrl.org.
Thanks!