Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tufted Titmouse


Tufted Titmouse
Originally uploaded by The Nature Nook
I decided I had to add a picture of the Tufted Titmouse to my blog. It's been my favorite bird ever since I was a child when I saw one bird plucking hair from my dogs back while the dog slept. It may not be as colorful as some other birds, but they are bold little creatures.

By the way, I think I've pretty much manged to learn how to post pictures to my blog from Flickr. Time to move on to the next skill.

2 comments:

BrambleRose said...

That is a pretty bird.

I took home one of the easy books about summer birds for Joshua - turned to the first page and I said "oh that is a such and such", and he gave me the "you're so stupid" look, and said "MOMMY ... that's a BIRD". lol It went downhill right from there, but I enjoyed the book at least. Birds are sweet and friendly and silly all at once.

tabbi

Unknown said...

Is this a common bird around here? I don't remember seeing one.

This year, my husband and I are seeing more birds in our yard, close up towards the house. We think it's because we no longer have cats.

You selected quite a number of photos from Flickr- I was satisfied with one.